What to expect
We know that going to a new place can sometimes be intimidating so we want to do everything we can to make your visit here a positive one. Whether you’re coming back to church or you’re trying it out for the first time, we know it’s a big step. Our prayer is that you would feel welcome and find a new home with us here at Fairlawn Church of God.
Come as you are!
- Fairlawn is NOT a “suit and tie zone” only. You will see some folks dressed in suits and some in blue jeans. You are welcome to dress comfortably and come as you are. Don’t worry about what to wear or “what NOT to wear.”
- Fairlawn COG is located at 7858 Peppers Ferry Blvd in Fairlawn. We are approximately 1.5 miles past the Fairlawn Walmart, on the hill beside Lyon’s Metal.
- Our Service times are as follows: Sunday School for the entire family at 10AM, morning Worship at 11AM, “Empowerment Service” on the last Sunday night of the month at 6PM, and Bible Study for adults, Strong Tower Youth Ministry and Boy’s and Girl’s Clubs every Wednesday night at 7PM.
When you get here:
- When you arrive, you can enter through the front under the portico (this is also where the restrooms are located) or through the side entrance on either side of the parking lot. You will be welcomed by greeters who can answer any questions you may have.
- If you’re coming with kids, there are Sunday School classes at 10AM for all ages. Again, our greeters will be happy to point you in the direction of your corresponding class. Our Kid’s Church meets every Sunday morning at 11AM in our Family Life Center Fellowship Hall which is located adjacent to the Church Sanctuary. Parents will need to sign their children in and out at the help desk located at the bottom of the stairs. If you have any trouble finding this area, just ask an usher or greeter.
- Adults and youth gather in the main Sanctuary for the morning worship Service. We use multi-media along with contemporary music to invoke an atmosphere of worship and to communicate the Gospel in a more contemporary way. We have a full band and a 40 voice Sanctuary Choir that ministers most Sunday mornings.
- After Service, all visitors are invited to our Hospitality Room where they will have a chance to meet the staff, enjoy some light refreshments and pick up a special gift we have just for you! This will also be an informal time to have any questions answered you may have about the church.
- People of all ages enjoy our Services! We believe in having church that is alive, energetic and refreshing. For any additional information, feel free to further browse our site and/or use the “contact us” form and we will respond promptly.